Following the success of the first two club virtual social meetings, this has been extended to a weekly occurrence, using the Zoom video platform to create the S&CA's virtual clubhouse.
And, excitingly, next Wednesday 22nd April, we are holding a quiz night. Jo Fraser (former Commodore, she knows her stuff) and Lionel Bray (RC Mediterranean, he is full of triviality) have pulled together some questions in two sections with a nautical theme and a not so nautical theme.
‘The Bovill Arms’ will open from 1900BST and the quiz will start promptly at 1930BST. All you will need is a pen and paper.
A few things to know in advance:
- Maximum two people per team.
- If a team consists of more than one, the team members do not need to be in the same location and are permitted to confer with each other via text or Whatsapp only.
- All teams are to remain muted throughout each of the two halves. Any team violating this, will have two points deducted from their score for each violation.
- The only exception to rule 3 is if you want a question repeated.
- This quiz is for fun only and will be run on a basis of trust. Please be honest with your answers and in your marking.
The following week and every week thereafter, the bar will open on a Wednesday. Depending on demand and it’s success, The Bovill Arms will stay open each week for around two hours. But if, other than the resident landlord, which will be at least one committee member on rotation, there is nobody in the bar by 1930, it will close. So you are encouraged to arrive early.
Obviously the intention is to use The Bovill Arms to keep spirits up, so please be mindful of this. We expect everyone visiting the bar to treat everyone with the same kindness and respect as you would at a regular face to face club event, as per the club Code of Conduct.
Please register in advance for this event and future weeks on a weekly basis, so that we can assess interest and ensure adequate cover going forward. Joining details will be included in the confirmation email when you register.
I look forward to seeing as many of you as possible in The Bovill Arms on Wednesday from 1900BST.