After the success of last year's event, the Laying Up Supper will be returning to the Royal Naval and Royal Albert Yacht Club, located in Old Portsmouth. This year we have the added bonus of a late licence, meaning we can keep dancing that much longer, all for the same bargain price of £45 per head!
The evening will start at 7 -7.30pm with pre dinner drinks in the upstairs reception room. Will will then move down to the main function room at 8pm for a 3 course meal, including the Annual S&CA Award ceremony will be presented during the evening. After we have eaten, we'll make room for a dancefloor and the bar will have a late licence until 1am.
When you register you will be required to choose your meal choices and pay online. If you wish to bring a guest, please add this person at the time of registering yourself (click add guest). You'll need to give their menu choices at the time of booking.
We suggest you don't use the app to register for this event as it seems to get a bit confused by adding in menu choices and making payments... so it's important that you log in and register for the event on the main website.
Although there is no specific dress code, many members choose black tie and evening wear.
We have secured a group rate at the nearby Holiday Inn. They have agreed to hold 40 rooms at the cost of £85 (for single or double occupancy). This includes breakfast. This rate will be on first come first served. This offer expires 6 weeks before the event (19th October 2019). This must be booked direct with the hotel. Details of how to book this will be within your LUS email registration confirmation.
Alternatively there are lots of other hotels, Airbnb, b&b's... The venue is convenient for Gunwharf Quays Marina and Gosport/Haslar via the ferry for those with boats in the vicinity.
Dinner Menu (Please pick your meal choices when registering for the event).
- Leek, wild mushroom and green pesto risotto, truffle oil, crispy croute (v)
- Chicken liver parfait, ale chutney, crispy croute, baby leaf salad
- Oven roasted tomato and red pepper soup, basil oil (v)
- Pouched Chicken breast, white wine sauce, asparagus, smoked bacon, duo of fresh vegetables.
- Fennel rubbed pork belly, bubble and squeak, cider jus, carrots
- Sea bass fillet, white wine sauce, new potatoes, French beans, courgettes
- Char-grilled aubergine, sweet potato rosti & brie tower (v)
- Coffee crème brulee, cinnamon shortbread (v)
- Chocolate brownie, coconut ice cream (v)
- Homemade apple pie, vanilla crème anglaise
Booking closes 14th November 2019
The LUS organising team can be contacted at LUS@gaysailing.org.uk with any queries or amendments to your booking.