The Sailing and Cruising Association is a LGBT+ sailing & power boating members club with the aim of encouraging members, family and friends to get afloat and participate in sailing activities organised by the club. We want to reassure you that we take the collection, use and retention of your personal information seriously and below we specify how we use the information we have about you.
Collecting and using your information
The membership details that you provide will be processed and held by the Club Membership Secretary. All information that we request and record is relevant to the running of our sailing club, including name, address, telephone number(s), email address, boat details and other details pertaining to your sailing interests. The Club will use the information provided in the following ways:-
- To update our members database and email list server, so that we can contact you by both post and/or email to keep you informed of events happening in the club
- To share your contact details and information regarding your sailing interests with other members, so that they can contact you directly regarding potential sailing and/or motor cruising opportunities.
- To email club members regarding crewing opportunities offered by other members or their friends
- The sharing of information can be via printed and/or electronic copies of the Club’s Members List
- Members have the option to “opt out” of having all or certain information published in the members list, e.g. postal address. However, this must be informed in writing to the membership secretary, or clearly indicated on the application form.
- We will take all reasonable measures to protect the privacy and security of your data against unauthorised external access
- We will not pass on your information to any other organisation, except where required under law, e.g. criminal investigation
If you have any requests concerning these uses of your information please contact the membership secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org
We rely on you to ensure that your information is complete, accurate and current. Please do inform us promptly of any changes to your information. You may request a copy, at any time, of your membership details stored on our database by writing to the Club Membership Secretary at email@example.com.
Data retention policy
We will hold the information that you provide for as long as you maintain your membership. Should your membership lapse, we will delete your details and you will be required to provide the information again if you choose to rejoin in later years. On request, we will provide information in writing about your information stored on our database.
If you do not wish us to hold your information, you are entitled to tell us at any time and we will remove all such information from our database.
More information about Data Protection This is a comprehensive 130 page document from the Information Commissioner’s Office (opens in a new window)
More information about our Cookies (opens in new window)