The Sailing and Cruising Association is the largest group for gay sailors in the UK and confidently claims to be the home of gay sailing in the UK. In addition the S&CA has strong affiliations with overseas gay sailing groups who come together annually. Membership Benefits include:
- Membership of the UK's largest network of gay & lesbian sailors
- Membership Directory - published regularly
- NewsBuoy Newsletter - published at least twice a year
- Regular email updates for forthcoming events
- Invitation to participate in the many S&CA organised events on and off the water
- Access to the S&CA Website Members Area
- Access to the S&CA Facebook Group
- Access to the S&CA Facebook Crew matching pages
- Ability to purchase S&CA merchandised goods
Subscriptions are paid annually. Your membership will be due for renewal exactly one year after the first day of the month following your joining date. Joint Membership reflects reduced costs for postage of NewsBuoy to the same address. Each joint member has one vote at meetings.
With effect from 1 June 2017 the Membership rates for a year (when paid by Standing Order or BACS) are:
- Individual Member: £15.00
- Joint Membership: £25.00 for two people residing at the same address
Paying by cash, cheque or CHAPS increases the Club's administration costs so a surcharge of £2.50 is applied. Membership fees for those paying in this way are increased to:
- Individual Member: £17.50
- Joint Membership: £27.50 for two people residing at the same address
Join Us Now Online
You can complete and submit the Online Application form
We will then contact you to confirm the method of payment (cheque, transfer or standing order)
Or you can download the application form (including Standing Order Mandate) in PDF format which you should print out, complete and send, along with your payment details, to the address provided on the form.
Data Protection Act - Fair Processing Notice
The Sailing and Cruising Association is a LGBT sailing & power boating members club with the aim of encouraging members, family and friends to get afloat and participate in sailing activites organised by the Club. The membership details that you provide will be processed and held by the Club Membership Secretary. All information that we request and record is relevant to the running of our sailing club, including name, address, telephone number(s), email address, boat details and other details pertaining to your sailing interests. The Club will use the information provided to keep members informed of club events and activites. The Club will also publish membership lists to facilitate the sharing of sailing interests and enable club members to contact each other directly, should they so desire. The Club will take all reasonable measures to protect the privacy and security of your data against unauthorised external access.
Full details of the Club’s privacy statement may be found here.
If you have any queries concerning the processing of your information, please contact the membership secretary at email@example.com